|1969||British American Insurance opens branch in Mauritius|
|1990||Insurance business locally incorporated.|
|1992||IPO of British American Insurance on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius.|
|1997||Acquisition of The Mauritius Leasing Company Limited and British American Insurance in Kenya and Malta.|
|1999||Opening of British American Mortgage Finance House.|
|2000||Launch of Western Union, acquisition of First Brokers and Agritec Car Rental.|
|2001||- Acquisition of Budget Tours (now Solis Indian Ocean), News International and
Ireko Design & Construction.
- Opening of IDC (International Dealership Company) which represents SAAB in Mauritius.
|2003||- British American Insurance’s peripheral investments streamlined and the Group restructured under a
new holding company, British American Investment Co. (Mtius) Ltd.
- British American Investment Co. (Mtius) Ltd replaces British American Insurance on the
Stock Exchange of Mauritius.
- Merger of Malta operations with local company, Globe, into GlobalCapital plc, which is listed on the
Malta Stock Exchange.
- Opening of MarCom promotional agency.
|2004||- Acquisition of Iframac, a leading local vehicle dealership.
- IPO of Mauritius Leasing on Stock Exchange of Mauritius.
- Opening of BATC, local representative of Malaysian Airlines.
|2005||- Acquisition of Courts, the leading household goods retail chain in Mauritius and Madagascar.
- BA Kenya acquires stake in Equity Bank (Kenya).
- Launch of Bramer Asset Management.
|2006||Joint venture signed with Apollo Hospitals Group (India) to build the Apollo Bramwell Hospital in Mauritius.|
|2007||- Banking licence granted in Mauritius.
- Equity Bank and BA Kenya invest in Kenya Housing Finance Corporation.
- IDC (International Dealership Company) gets exclusive representation of Princess Yachts in Mauritius.
|2008||- Acquisition of South East Asian Bank (subsequently rebranded to Bramer Banking Corporation)
- Equity Bank (Kenya) acquires Microfinance Bank Ltd in Uganda.
- British American Insurance Co. (Mtius) Ltd rebranded to BAI Co. (Mtius) Ltd.
- Acquisition of ‘Agence Generale de Commerce Ltee’, the distributor of ‘Continental’ tyres.
|2009||- Opening of Apollo Bramwell Nursing School.
- Opening of Apollo Bramwell Hospital, a 200-bed tertiary care hospital.
- The first Islamic Banking licence granted for Century Banking Corporation Ltd
(formerly Deen Banking Corporation) in Mauritius.
- Qatari investors buy 49% of Bramer Banking Corporation and 60% of Century Banking Corporation Ltd.
|2010||- Introduction of first real estate leasing product in Mauritius
- Launch of Bramer Global Trade Limited
- Apollo Bramwell Hospital introduces stem cell therapy programme
|2011||- BA Investment becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Seaton Investment
- Launch of Harley Davidson Mauritius
- Construction of Bramer House in Ebène
- BAI Kenya is listed on the Stock Exchange of Kenya
|2012||- Mauritius Leasing amalgamated with Bramer Bank
- Bramer Bank listed on Stock Exchange of Mauritius
- Apollo Bramwell Hospital launches Harley Davidson emergency motorbikes